Post Office, Akron, Ohio

Post Office

The brick building opened in 1899 as Akron’s main post office. Pairs of carved eagle medallions and bronze lanterns decorate its Market Street façade and a mosaic depicting a Pony Express rider is embedded in its lobby floor. The Akron Art Museum moved into the building in 1981 after a major renovation.

error: This function is restricted.