Built in 1923, the Akron Savings & Loan building is 158-foot-tall 12-story high-rise.
- 1888 the Akron Savings & Loan began as the Akron Building and Loan Association (196 South High Street). The first officers were Hugo Schumacher, W.B. Gamble, A.H. Noah, William Buchtel, and P.M. Atterholt.
- 1891 The company moved to larger offices inside the Hotel Buchtel.
- 1895 The Company moved to 130 South Main Street.
- 1909 the name of the company was changed to the Akron Savings and Loan Company, with its headquarters at the South Main Street and Bowery Street Savings and Loan Building.
- 1923 Offices were torn down and a new and larger building (pictured here) was erected at the same site.
Location: Main Street and Bowery Street – downtown across from the Key Building.