With a train in the background a sunken canal boat in the foreground, and the prominent Northern Ohio Railway bridge towering over the scene, this historic postcard image gives a glimpse into Akron, Ohio’s transportation history.
Founded in Akron in 1870 as Goodrich, Tew & Co. by Dr. Benjamin Franklin Goodrich. The company name was changed to the “B.F. Goodrich Company” in 1880, to BFGoodrich in the 1980s, and to “Goodrich Corporation” in 2001.
Among the many attractions at Summit Beach Park were the “Around the Lake” (and a little of the canal) boat rides.