In the early 1900s, Akron was growing faster than any other city in America. An increasing need for quality healthcare services led Dr.s W.W. Leondard, A.F. Sippy, and G.M. Logan to imagine a new hospital that would be financed, owned, and patronized by the people of Akron. With the financial help of Akron’s elite, including names like Sieberling, Firestone, and Polsky, the doctors were able to establish Peoples Hospital in 1914-15.