Organized in 1880, the organization was first called the Akron Day School and occupied rooms in the Union Charity Association Building on S. High Street. In 1891, ‘Colonel’ Perkins, impressed by the work of the daycare center, presented it with a house and lot on South High Street near Buchtel Avenue. The name “Mary Day Nussary” was taken in honor of Mary Reymond, Colonel Perkins first grandchild. Several years later, Perkins again gifted the organization with the building shown here.
Location: northeast corner of Braodway Street and Buchtel Ave.