In 2005, after 104 years of service to the community, Akron’s YWCA officially disbanding.
The former Y.W.C.A. building at 22 S. High St. was originally called the Grace House, (later known as the Sawan Building). The YWCA moved into the building in 1907 after remodeling and adding a cafeteria, swimming pool, gym, and track. The building was demolished in 1994.