Union Station “depot”

Built before the rubber boom, Akron’s Union Station quickly showed its inadequacies as the city’s population exploded. Although additions were made, the station was never large enough to handle the popularity of Akron. In 1950 a new Union Depot was built to replace the aging structure and by 1951 it had been demolished.

error: This function is restricted.