The Music Hall was dedicated on opened in 1904 with a concert by the Victor Herbert Orchestra. Paul E. Werner, a German-American immigrant and philanthropist who made his fortunes in the publishing industry (Werner Printing and Lithograph Company) financed the $65,000 building. It was commonly known as the German-American Music Hall until anti-German sentiments arose during WWI. At that time its name was shortened to simply the Music Hall.
Location: 44 E. Exchange St. – demolished in 1929