The German Music Hall was dedicated in 1904 with a concert by the Victor Herbert Orchestra. Paul E. Werner, a German-American immigrant and philanthropist who made his fortunes in the publishing industry (Werner Printing and Lithograph Company) financed the $65,000 building. Following construction, it was commonly known as the German-American Music Hall. Growing anti-German sentiments during WWI required that it be renamed the Music Hall.
Location: 44 E. Exchange St. – demolished in 1929