The Marathon Rubber Co. of Cuyahoga Falls/Akron opened in 1912. They manufactured a variety of rubber products including tires, tubes, and belts. The plant pictured here was located on Front Street at the end of Sackett Avenue.
Marathon Tire and Rubber Co. formed from the reorganization of the original Marathon Company with C.C. Osmun serving as president and C.E. Falor as vice president and factory manager.