West High School, Akron, Ohio

West High School

West High included a 1,200-seat two-level assembly room, a walled rooftop garden, and a modern gymnasium with running track. West graduated its largest class in 1931 — 125 students in January and 221 in June. Its final graduating class in June 1953 had only 136 members. Eventually, the West High School building became a junior high school. It served in this capacity until 1980 when the school board voted to permanently close the building.

error: This function is restricted.