O'Neil & Co. Akron, Ohio

O’Neil and Company

With a single dry goods store at 114 East Market Street, Michael O’Neil and his partner Isaac Dyas began a retail empire that is still remembered by Akronites. In 1912, O’Neil sold his popular stores to the May Department Stores Company for $1 million. His well-respected name continued to serve as the brand until the downtown location (built in 1928) closed its doors in 1989.

error: This function is restricted.