The Miniature Railway at Silver Lake Park was a 15 in gauge miniature railway opened in 1902. The main station was on the lakeshore at the boat landing dock. The inaugural route, which changed in later years, allowed passengers lengthy views of the lake and the zoo area.
Created by Ralph H. Lodge, Silver Lake Park and Chautauqua Park were a popular regional resort accessible by streetcar and rail. Silver Lake featured boating, swimming, and a large pavilion with a 15,000 square-foot dance floor, a freshwater aquarium, an airfield, and the Chautauqua Auditorium (pictured here) that featured prominent speakers of the day.