The WADC building was completed May 6th, 1949. The entire second floor was occupied by Radio Station WADC, which was established April 8th, 1925, and was owned and operated by Allen T. Simmons. In 1929 the station’s announcer was George F. Houston. According to 440.com, other on air personalities included: News – Ken Hildebrand 1932, DJ –Brooks…
North Hill Viaduct Akron Postcards
The school that put Ohio on the beauty map. Akron, Canton, Dover 166-170 S. Main St. Phone: 535-5156
100 outside fireproof rooms with bath. Modern cocktail bar and Clark restaurant.
Magnificently modern in concept, comfort, convenience – 200 luxury rooms – Free inside parking – Swimming pool – Restaurant. 50 West State St. Akron 8 Ohio Telephone: 762-0451 Teletype AK84
The United States Post Office was located at the corner of E. Market and Prospect Streets. It was completed in 1929 at a cost of $565, 000. Akron was on the Cleveland-Akron-Columbus-Cincinnati and Louisville Air Mail Route.
Located on Main Street, Akron’s Scotts Store was a popular five and dime with a lunch and snack counter.